This open air arena rivals the Coliseum in Roma. I took this about 9.30 pm just before dark. The stage area stretches across the “front”, more than 30,000 people can sit here. Tickets are pricey, but the outfits of the well-to-do and the wannabes are fantastic. There is a 60 person orchestra right below the stage at the front. The opera is three hours long — we sit on metal seats covering the ancient stone seating. With 4 intermissions of 20 min each, Carmen ended around 1 am!!
- More Watching, and Less Reading
- 48 hrs in Ottawa–
- More to read, and one to avoid
- The dust has settled: now the truth about John McCain…
- Equity Watch at Halifax Labour Day!
- What to Read, and Watch
- Neither a kind word, nor a free coffee…FireDelorey&Knox
- Prison protest continues at Burnside…
- Labour Day Blues — let’s hope you get paid for the holiday!
- Brilliant comment by El Jones: