This open air arena rivals the Coliseum in Roma. I took this about 9.30 pm just before dark. The stage area stretches across the “front”, more than 30,000 people can sit here. Tickets are pricey, but the outfits of the well-to-do and the wannabes are fantastic. There is a 60 person orchestra right below the stage at the front. The opera is three hours long — we sit on metal seats covering the ancient stone seating. With 4 intermissions of 20 min each, Carmen ended around 1 am!!
- What is it about Halifax– How Come Developers Always Come Out On Top??
- Two things to do this weekend:
- Something to Read, Somethings to Watch
- The Drum Roll Please– the best book I’ve read in 2018
- Bedtime reading…short and disturbing….
- What to read, what to watch….
- Launch of Racism Free Transit Group in Halifax — this is great.
- What to Read, and What to Watch
- Banksy’s latest poster on Palestine!