This open air arena rivals the Coliseum in Roma. I took this about 9.30 pm just before dark. The stage area stretches across the “front”, more than 30,000 people can sit here. Tickets are pricey, but the outfits of the well-to-do and the wannabes are fantastic. There is a 60 person orchestra right below the stage at the front. The opera is three hours long — we sit on metal seats covering the ancient stone seating. With 4 intermissions of 20 min each, Carmen ended around 1 am!!
- Canada’s 2018 Federal Budget– This is a security budget, not a women’s budget
- 57 Women Thrown Out of Elected Office by the McNeil Liberal Government
- Where did the years go? life at age 100
- Happy Hour in Western Canada…
- Heritage Day in NS has come and gone — but did you get a paid holiday?
- The Verdict in the Boushie murder case: Are we going backwards?
- What’s a good book– or not
- The Man Who Drove Over Wray Hart
- Women’s March – Halifax 20 January
- After 10 Years, Hassan Diab is Finally Free–